Overview of Accounting under FRS 109 Financial Instruments and its related Tax Implications
14 April 2020, Tuesday
60 Cecil Street, ISCA House, Singapore 049709
Please click here
for more details and here
for the registration form.Accredited tax professionals enjoy members' rate!
Please refer to organiser’s webpage here.
This workshop will focus on accounting for Financial Instruments under FRS 109 Financial Instruments that includes guidance on classification and measurement of financial assets and liabilities, hedging, and the expected credit losses model and its related tax implications.
This session will cover:
- Overview of FRS 109 – Financial instruments
- Classification and measurement: Financial Asset & Financial Liabilities
- Amortized cost
- Fair value
- Fair value through Profit or loss
- Fair value through OCI
- Accounting for Derivatives
- Accounting for off market transactions
- Subsequent measurement: Expected credit loss model
- Hedge accounting
- Types of Hedges
- Fair value hedge
- Cash flow hedge
- Net investment hedge
- Overview of FRS 32 – Financial instruments: Presentation
- Debt vs equity considerations
- Compound Financial Instruments
- FRS 109 tax treatment
- Scope of section 34AA
- Documentary requirements
About the Presenter(s)/ Trainer(s)
Mr Chetan HansDirector, Financial Reporting Advisory Services
Chetan has more than 14 years of experience in servicing large national and multinational clients in the areas of Assurance, Indian GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS technical accounting advisory, specifically in the areas of financial instruments, leases, consolidation, revenue recognition and business combinations.
Chetan has extensive international experience on advising clients on IFRS and US GAAP in India, United Kingdom and United States. Chetan has expertise in:
- Advising on technical accounting under IFRS and US GAAP;
- Conduct IFRS and technical accounting trainings on IFRS 15, IFRS 16 and IFRS 9 for clients and finance teams of major corporates in India and Nepal;
- Experience of various technical topics like leasing, revenue recognition, embedded derivatives, consolidation, joint ventures, service concession arrangements;
- Diverse industry and international experience including working with and within teams from India, United States, United Kingdom, Middle East, Romania, Singapore.
- Professional qualifications and memberships
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (US)
- B.Com (Hons), University of Delhi
Ms Eng Min LorPartner, Tax Services
Eng Min has more than 25 years of experience in Singapore tax compliance and international tax planning, and has been actively involved in the structuring of investment into Singapore and Asian countries.
She advises clients on compliance matters, tax planning, structuring of onshore and offshore funds, and the tax considerations of inbound investments into Singapore. Eng Min has led a number of finance transformation projects and coordinated the compliance and reporting services for a number of multinational corporations in Asia Pacific and Middle East.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Accredited Tax Advisor (Income Tax), Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals.
- Associate Member, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountant
- B.Acc (Hons), National University of Singapore
- M Econs, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Upcoming Events You May Also Be Interested In