This seminar aims to enhance companies’ understanding of IRAS’ compliance approach and how companies can better comply with their tax obligations. IRAS’ speakers from the Corporate Tax Division and Investigation and Forensics Division will share with you on the authority’s audit and investigation approaches as well as hear about some of the findings from its audits and investigations.
- IRAS’ assessment process and risk–based approach to tax assessment
- Common issues and mistakes made by companies
- The penalty framework
- An overview of the investigation process
- The informant reward framework
- How should businesses act when they are being investigated
Participants will also learn how to mitigate the common mistakes and improve tax compliance by enhancing internal controls, record keeping and other areas.