Why take a boring technical OECD transfer pricing course when in practice, unless you have a dedicated transfer pricing staff, you, the regional CFO, financial controller or tax/finance manager of an MNC, will likely leave technical matters to advisors and focus on TP as part of a much broader portfolio and/or are too busy implementing TP within the limitations of the organizations that you operate in.
This course will take a lively interactive approach to the practical aspect of commercial transfer pricing with simple easy-to-understand explanation of key concepts and commercial real life examples to show TP in practice.
Transfer Pricing Environment
• Base Erosion & Profit Shifting: Reputational Risk
Operational Aspects of TP
• TP Life Cycle
• Accounting systems complication
• From transfer pricing policy to GL entry
• Material misstatements
• Risk Appetite
• Governance & Control
• Offshoring: India, Philippines - critical success factors
Documentation is King
• What is required?
• Dissecting a TP report - What to look out for?
• The latest in OECD thinking – Documentation (Country by Country reporting, Master and Local files)
• The New IRAS documentation requirements (Group and Entity levels)
• Optimal deployment of advisors and budget
• Advanced Pricing Agreement and MAP: Are they worth the trouble?
• Latest thinking in BEPS and impact on Asia
Mr Sam SimSenior Advisor, Vienna University Global Tax Policy Center
Research Fellow, SMU Center for Artificial Intelligence & Data Governance
Sam was Regional Vice-President (Europe, Middle-East, Africa, Asia and Latin America), Tax Executive Institute and Chair of its Capital Markets Tax Committee Transfer Pricing sub-committee. He led global teams as Deputy Global Head of Transfer Pricing at a leading European MNE and Transfer Pricing Geo Leader for EMEA and Asia-Pacific in the largest US global Technology MNE. In addition, Sam also authored Singapore's first Transfer Pricing Master Guide.